Sunday, September 02, 2007

What do you mean there's no room for you?

Those are the words that were spoken this morning when we went out to the Yukon to go to church. The kids were climbing in when they exclaimed, "There is no room." Gina said, "What do you mean there is no room"? Kenny said, there are no seats in the back. Gina looked over at me and said, "Did you take the seats out"? I thought Mike had done so to help Drew move something late last night so I came into the house and asked Mike. He raised his eyebrows and said, "No." We haven't used the car at all.

Would you believe that someone broke into Gina's car and stole her back seats???? Yep, they did and while they were at it, they took advantage of our false sense of safety. My cell phone was in the Yukon and Steph's purse had inadvertently been left in there too! So, we were the recipients of a welcome from the less than desireables that live in surrounding areas. The police officer said that someone down the street had their seats stolen as well during the same timeframe. The seats are expensive and do not come with the new Suburbans and Yukons so they sell very well on Ebay and the black market. What a yucky way to start a day!!! Steph lost her coach bag, drivers license and a few credit cards. I lost my Razor phone, and Gina lost her entire back seat!

However, we decided no to let Satan get to us. So Mike took the kids to church while we dealt with the police report. Then we went to Gatti Town for lunch, fun, and games. After that I had to buy a cheap cell phone at Best Buy and then a new SIM card at Cingular. I'll search ebay for another good phone as I can't afford spending $200.00+ to replace mine right now. We then went to Coach where Gina and I went halfs on a new handbag for Steph. She really deserved to have it replaced. In her words to the police officer when asked how much her wallet cost, she said, $5.00 from the swap meet. So, I took her to TJ Maxx and got her one twice as nice - Liz Claiborne for $12.99!!!

We turned what could have been a very bad day into a good one, and we learned that just because 99% of the people in Texas act as though they're family, the other 1% are lurking for people not being as alert as they can. I will be making some changes in how I park the cars as well as being more vigilant about what is left in the cars although I won't be bringing the seats inside every night!!!!

I have no pics from today, but I hope to take some tomorrow as I'm sure we'll be having some more fun! I have no idea what we'll do as we are being spontaneous! Ideas are welcomed.

And, as to the seats in the car and Steph's lost items, we have taken all of the steps necessary to right the wrongs. We will be moving up our appointment at the DMV to get our Texas licenses now! Yee Haw!

7 comments:

anita said...

that sucks that someone broke into the car...how could no one see someone walk off with an entire back seat?? i mean in LP maybe haha

Gina Marie said...

Yeah, it happens all the time in LP! Viva LP!!!!

Right now it's 7:26 Texas time - that means 5:26 California time. Maybe I should call Heather?

Oh, and I beat Liz, Wanda, and Allie.

anita said...

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooo neveeeeeeer call me that early

Letie B said...

Yeah, how does someone walk off with two carseats(yours & your neighbors) without anyone see it??!!

You guys are so nice to replace Stepha’s purse. I pray it will be just as easy to replaced your backseat.

allie said...

that sucks about your guys stuff. im sorry.






i beat liz!

Unknown said...

Sorry about the losses but you guys have such a great attitude towards it. Satan won't get the win on this one.

Elizabeth B said...

Blah, blah, blah!! I saved these so I could see them at work on Wednesday because I knew I would need chearing up back from vacation. But, no!! Not a car break. Losers! I had my purse stolen out of my car in Pomona - they just busted the window. It sucks! Good luck with insurance and all the rest. People are lame.