Monday, September 17, 2007

Water Play and Speed Tying

Today for Sophia's free play time, I gave her a slow running hose, a couple of buckets and a chair, and look how much fun she had for 1.5 hours as I sat, watched and cheered her on!



Here she said, "Mom take a picture." She wanted to be sure you saw her in both buckets! Wouldn't it be great to have a butt small enough to fit into a sand pail?
Which brings us to speed tying! As you recall, Mike taught Josh how to tie his shoes about 3 weeks ago or so. Well, today Josh came home and said, "Not only can I tie my shoes, but I can speed tie." "I was practicing at school." He then made Zack and Sophia sit on the steps and watch him speed tie with his eyes closed!!!! As you can see, Zack was looking away. He doesn't like to be told what to do. He and Josh are a lot alike in that way! We are working on building good character in that area.
Sophia LOVES her brother and cousins! She is a huggy kissy girl, but her favorite thing to do is play with ear lobes. The bigger your lobes the better. Here I caught her playing with Zack's, but she seriously does it to everyone.

And, would someone please tell Mike to work on his tan!!!! Looks like he has on a white tee shirt under his black one!!! I love his relationship with the boys. Look at Zack listening intently. It is so wonderful to have a good male role model around.

Here is their afternoon snack and then their after dinner dessert (jello cake)! Almonds are super good for kids. The kids like them, but love eating them even more because when they crunch them I say, "OH MY GOODNESS"!!! "What strong teeth you have." They keep on crunching and take turns so I can respond to each nut. So today, I said these phrases 15 times!!! Five almonds each...

And, yes, Zack got another Kapow ticket (look at the fridge as I've added two more) AND Josh got a 100% on his math assignment! We are working on focusing on school as #1 and this paper is proof of success! Way to go Josh! Kenny also brought home a 95% on a paper he worked hard on writing. He was pleased with himself and for that, I smile!

I am working on a new song for Heather... a very long song... sounds like a Hairspray song... "Good morning La Puente..."

4 comments:

Gina Marie said...

Loved it, read it all, and yet I am still #1

Booya y'all!

Elizabeth B said...

#2! Loved the stories and I definitely wish I had a butt that small! Darling kids - they look wonderful. Happy day!

Love you guys!

Unknown said...

I knew D was writing the blog last night but decided to wait until this morning to read it. The boys did a very good job on their school work. Oh what little kids do to entertain themselves. That's awesome.

anita said...

yea boys did good...sophia small butt....gina number one....but most important of all D is making me a song!! =D haha



question: when you say "I can respond to each nut." are you talking about the kids or food?? just wondering