Saturday, September 08, 2007

A Day of Exploring

Today we drove to see Stephanie's new job location so that she'll feel comfortable driving there on Monday morning. What we didn't expect was to find a church we would love to visit! Below is a pic of Prestonwood Baptist Church. We saw it from afar and wondered whate the huge campus was. As we got closer, we noticed the cross and assumed it was Catholic because it was so huge. Then we noticed the word Baptist and were like wow. It is the largest Baptist church I have ever seen. We stopped to check out the campus. I have to admit that I was thinking that it was way too big to be comfy, however, once we were in the church for about 3 minutes, we were greeted by several people and finally taken on a tour of the children's facilities. We decided that we are going to go to church there tomorrow morning. It is about 25 mintues from the house so not too bad. We shall see if we like it.
After that, we met Terrie and Ruby for some bowling fun! We just love to bowl. We even bought our own shoes today to save the $4 we pay per person for shoes each time. In the pics below, you see Stephanie explaining Halloween to Zack. His big smile came when she said, "They put candy in your bag"! It is hard to believe that they have never celebrated Halloween or Christmas. I love both of these holidays, and it appears that here in Texas people celebrate big time!
In the middle pic, Sophia and Josh break into the booty dance! Notice Josh's new bowling shoes!And, lastly, you see Stephanie Joy helping Sophia Joy bowl.
And, this is Ruby and Terrie (my nieces) with Stephanie who happens to be their aunt as well even though she is much younger than they are! My oldest brother is 48 and my youngest brother, Mike, is 18. Mike has a niece who is 28! Strange but oh so true...

Sophia woke up with a slight black eye this morning. Last night at gymnastics she managed to kick herself in the nose while on the trampoline! This little girl is one tough cookie. I also was told that when she noticed I had left the gym, she cried, "Where's my mama"? This touched my heart as it is yet another sign of secure attachment.
Tonight at dinner, Zack who we call our prayer police, said grace for the first time all on his own. He prayed, "Dear Jesus, thank you for our food." "Bless our bodies." "Jesus name, Amen." It was the sweetest sound this mama has heard in a long time. What an awesome blessing to see him growing in language and understanding of prayer. Josh and Ken were tickled pink hearing this as well because they both have helped nurture Zack and Sophia in the ways fo the Lord.

Goodnight all! I'll let you know how church goes tomorrow. All four kids are super jazzed about helping us find a church home.

10 comments:

Gina Marie said...

I won AND I read it all again first!

Stepha - well hello there sexy! LOL

I am in tears and can so picture Zack praying! PTL!

The kids and the church look awesome! Everyone does! Thanks so much for the pics!

Elizabeth B said...

Second on the list - beat Allie, Heather, and Wanda!! And, like Gina, I read it all first. :-)

Love the pics - the church looks cool. Where is Stepha working?

I love that Zack prayed and was so excited about candy in his Halloween bag. That is awesome.

And little Sophia Joy, with her white Keds, is darling. Sounds like another great day in Texas.

Deana, where are your pictures? Miss you!

allie said...

i beat heather and my mommy!!

allie said...

ok now that i read it hahahahha.
the pictures are so cool.

its cool how zack prays now and short and sweet and to the point! my kind of prayer. especially when im hungry!! hahahahha

anita said...

beat my mom

anita said...

beat my mom

anita said...

how did sophia manage to get a black eye?? but then again it is sophia....great pics but when we gunna see some of you d?

Elizabeth B said...

I forgot to say that we drive 25 minutes to church, too, and you really do get used to it, especially if you really like the church.

So, can we get a close-up of the black eye? :-) Her first shiner - way to go Sophia!

Gina Marie said...

HELLO?!?!!?! Where is the blog from Sunday????

Elizabeth B said...

Amen, Gina! I've been checking all day (while working very hard, of course)!