Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Jumping, Swinging and Boogers

I have heard lots of comments about why or why not to put Zack and Josh into gymnastics, and I took all of that feedback, and then decided that yes, it was a good idea. Last Friday night, they had a great time at Open Gym night, but today was their first training day. It worked out well because they were the only two in their group tonight! Here are a few pics of them stretching. Their coach is very funny and had them cracking up the entire time!

Here they are working the rings! It was fun to watch them learn new skills. I think next time I'll take the video camera so I can show them how much they improve with time. They did great today. The coach was very pleased and of course, thinks they have skills. I can see many ways that this will help support their athletic careers.

They had a great time! My camera battery died early in the session so I'll have to get pics of their flips and stuff next week.

Other than that, we had a rather mellow day. Sophia and I cleaned the house and watched Dora together. She also learned that picking your nose and eating it is a big no no. How could such an adorable little girl do such a yucky thing?? LOL Somehow I think every kid has booger issues at some point in life. I know one little boy who used to pick his boogers and wipe them on the wall next to his bed at night!! LOL The cure for that was his getting to clean it all up. He was so grossed out that it was a lifetime cure. Today, I explained to Sophia that it was gross and told her that if she is hungry to tell mama. Boogers are NOT yummy! She smirked!
Today it was California cool! You know that slight cool breeze as the sun goes down? Yep, that kid of cool all day. I loved it! I can remember sitting outside in CA and thinking I'd never experience that awesome weather again. It made me sad, but today I learned that it just wasn't true. Today was awesome!
All three boys have lots of homework now - sigh!

13 comments:

anita said...

number 1

Roxy said...

I am #1, :-) Does that make me part of the family? I enjoy your blog Deana! Gymnastics is great. Good for then. I didn't have much luck with Kristina, the instructions were too many too fast and there were 6 kids in the class. She went home and perfected her tumbling but no classes. We will try again soon. Boogers,yukky! That is funny.
Talking about CA, we took Kriska to Disneyland for the first time. Loved it!

Roxy said...

not fair...one second apart...too much writting

anita said...

i beat roxy!! lol

welcome to the compitition

i think zack is on his way to winning a gold in the 2000something olympics


sophia picking her nose ewww

Gina Marie said...

I think Roxy should get the pole position because, it appears, she READ this blog before posting HEATHER! LOL

And yes, Roxy, welcome to the family!

Oh my stars,gymnastics look FUN, the boys look AWESOME, and I have to say it.....the instructor is my kind of man! Yowza! Can you get his digits????

I have to share that I was on the phone with Deana the first time Sophia attempted her "snack", and....well, I gagged! Nice! Hope your efforts succeed in ending this habit!

Love and miss you. PLEASE post more I am dying here.

Gina Marie said...

Sorry for the multiple posts...but:

I beat Liz!
I beat Allie!
I beat Wanda!
I beat Cat!
I beat Rona!

Elizabeth B said...

Whatev, Heather! I'm with Gina - Roxy wins because she READ first!

Nice pics - I think it's great they are in gymnastics.

I also knew a little boy who picked his nose and wiped it on the wall next to his bed - nasty! And eating them, blah! I'm getting a little queasy... More stories, more pics! We miss you! By the way, I can picture Sophia's smirk. :-)

I beat Allie, Wanda, Rona, Cat, and everybody else that posts after me. :-)

Anonymous said...

D I love the pics. Zack looks so happy in the last picture. I say “whatev” to however has anything negative to say about the gymnastics’ class. Those of us who know him know that he has a God given talent in gymnastics. Why not nurture it.

Thanks for keeping us up to date with the youngers and the littles. I’d also love to see pictures of you!!

anita said...

wat?? read before comment???? who does that??

Gina Marie said...

Heather wrote: wat?? read before comment???? who does that??

Gina's response: apparently, not Heather!

anita said...

oh shut up

Anonymous said...

Can you say GOLD MEDALS???

Lori :)

Unknown said...

Looks like all of the kids are enjoying life in Texas. Glad that Mike and Stepha found jobs. I still haven't read anything about how church was on Sunday but I'm behind in reading this week.