Sunday, September 23, 2007

Lots of Pics

This was a busy weekend full of lots of joy and laughter and memory making. We had such a great time with my mom, sister, and little Torie that it was hard to say goodbye or see you later. As soon as my mom's house in CA sells, they are buying a house here in North Texas, and WE CAN'T WAIT!!!! We already miss Torie's sweet little cry and the content sounds of her humming as she nursed. She will be one month old tomorrow.

Here are the sweet cousins spending some time together! Both were very content.
And, here are Zack and Sophia Saturday morning having some crazy fun while we waited for Torie and Auntie Victoria to get ready to go to the Outlets.

I can't believe how much the kids have grown. On October 4th, it will be six months home. Many, many times I am asked if they are twins. They are so close in height. Zack is growing for sure, but Sophia has the longest legs that keep getting longer. My baby will be 4 on Saturday!!!


And, here is sweet Zack hanging out with the Rivera ladies in my bedroom. He loved Torie so much. Often I would catch him just watching her closely. He keeps asking when she's coming back from California.

Did you know Best Buy also offers babysitting service? LOL Below is Uncle Drew holding Torie. We all just adore her! Stephanie just keeps saying, "I was supposed to be the girl who had the baby." We laugh at her. Yesterday we were walking into the mall with the kids in tow and Steph said, "Here we go with all my sisters' kids, and then there's me." Truth of the matter is our kids are her kids. I have never seen a person love so deeply. I will forever be thankful that God saw fit to have Auntie Stephanie care for Zack and Sophia. They have been so blessed. And, someday, I think God will bless Stephanie beyond measure for her faithful stewardship of her talents. Truth is, Victoria was told she could not conceive so Torie is a miracle baby. So, we all know that anything is possible. Let's start by praying for some good Christian "Texan" to sweep her off her feet!

Have a great week!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How awesome that the "Bibera" (as Sophia pronounces it) cousins could spend the weekend together. Soon they will all be in Texas for good.

Anonymous said...

Oh by the way. I'm first!!

anita said...

whoo huu number one!!!

i love the pic of zack and sophia it looks like zack is throwing up gangs sign....lol


where are the pics of you???

anita said...

wat the heck???? nooooooooo lol

Gina Marie said...

Your Burkes just totally messed me up! I though for sure I'd be first!

LOVE the pics! OMW, every one of them is gorgeous. And I know it's weird, but I have to say that the kids' clothes look FABULOUS! I am becoming more like Deana!

I miss you guys but I will be there in just a few days!!!!

Elizabeth B said...

Great pics! The kids look great!

Unknown said...

So great to see all the kids enjoying their time with the newest addition to the family. You guys sure know how to party. :-)