Saturday, September 01, 2007

Auntie Gina Visits

Gina got here at 1:00AM this morning!!! We were all so excited (some of us in our sleep)! This morning she woke up at 11:00AM Texas time, and the fun began! After a huge breakfast of her favorite eggs, bacon, and chocolate chip pancakes, we headed off to the water park. Unbeknownst to me, Zack and Sophia were not the only two who had never been to a water park! Gina had never been before, and she had a blast. She and Ken even went on this waterslide that thrust you on to a half pipe! You should have heard them scream. Then both of them were brave enough to go on the largest slide that pretty much drops you straight down! The laughter and fun was constant today! All of the littles as I call them had a great time too as there were slides for all ages!

Tomorrow is the last day the water park is open. They close when school is in session. I can't believe how seriously Texans take school! The water park literally closed last weekend because school was starting on Monday. It then reopened for Labor Day weekend and will close Monday for the season. That is probably good 'cause we'd go back far too often!

Here Gina sits relaxing before she is overtaken by the crazy kiddos! Josh and Ken were so excited to play with their mom today, and Zack and Sophia were, "Auntie G this and Auntie Gene that"! Yes, Sophia calls her Auntie Gene which sounds like it starts with a zh.

After the water park, we went to Sonic and then went home to freshen up just in time to go bowling which is a family favorite! We had a blast! We didn't get home until 11:23PM!!!! I am such a bad mother, but hey CA time, it was 9:23, and we didn't get going until noon. The kids are all snoring now!
In this last pic, please note that it is the first time my brother, Mike has actually made a crazy face when from behind the camera I say, "Get crazy"! Mike and Ken have actually made a bunch of friends as they go out often to play basketball. Both are feeling pretty good about it.
Tomorrow we will visit First Baptist Church of Frisco and then we're off to Gatti Town for some more fun. This followed by Zack and Gina skateboarding and Ken and Mike playing basketball. Sophia will be riding her bike, and Josh just may take another shot at riding his bike minus the training wheels. I have a feeling Zack will put in some more time trying to figure out how to get on his bike without my help. I'll be sure to post some pics.
I was surprised today to receive a care package from Amy!!!! She sent me the sweetest card and a bag of Jay's bbq chips! To many, that may seem strange, but Amy and I used to eat Jay's and drink Mountain Dew together at work and chat. So, for me, it was a good dose of the familar for which I have been longing. Oh, yes, and Jay's aren't sold in CA or TX. They're from Illinois so they are a delicacy of sorts! Thanks Amy, and I love you!!!!

5 comments:

anita said...

number one haha i've been checking for the past half hour lol

anita said...

steph zack and mike all have their tongues sticking out the same side lol

Gina Marie said...

Wow, every picture of me makes me look FABULOUS! It must be the Texas air!

I am having a blast and love everyone.

And Amy, Deana won't share the chips.

Elizabeth B said...

Well, I beat Allie and Wanda, and this is my first day checking from vacation! Gina, looks like you're right at home. Everybody looks great!! Can't wait to hear more!

Gotta get back to the fam!

Letie B said...

Whatev Liz, we’ve been out of town too, camping (no computers).

D. It looks like you guys had a blast showing Auntie G around town. Please remember to send her back to us (at least for now)

Missing you!!