Friday, September 07, 2007

For Shame - A Great Day but No PIcs

Today was a great Friday. I took Josh and Zack to their first session of gymnastics and both did super well. They got bumped up a class level even with zero experience. After their hour was up, they both begged to stay. I was told that every Friday night is open gym night when parents can drop their kids off to have free play in the gym for two hours. This means they can play on all of the equipment - trampolines, rings, balance beam, etc... So, for $18.00 all four kids stayed and had the times of their lives!!! They are already begging to go back next Friday night.
Again, exercise seems to be a Texas thing! Everything there is to do for the kids here involves exercise.

I forgot to take my camera so I'll have to take it this week. Josh and Zack's next lesson is on Wednesday. And, I will take them back for open gym night on Friday night for sure! Tomorrow there is a cross country fun just down the street at a sports complex. It is free for the kids to join in so I think I'll take them down for a good run. More exercise? See what I mean?

Today Stephanie had a great day - no fly eating or nudity. She got a job!!!! Yippee for her, but I'll miss her terribly. Tomorrow, Mike has an interview at Dick's Sporting Goods at 1:00PM so please pray for him. It will be his first job out of high school.

I plan to substitute teach but need to find my SS card. I have been looking everywhere with no luck. Unpacking stinks! I may just go and order a new one.

7 comments:

Gina Marie said...

Oh yeah I am first AND I read it all!

You go Stepha!

My boys, gymnasts! Woohoo!

Kevin and Krista said...

Congratulations to Stephanie!

When I was signing up for student-teaching I needed my license and a second form of ID. Either my social security card or passport would do. Would that work for you?

Sounds like Texas is starting to feel like home. :)

anita said...

darn i'm not number one but i beat liz allie and my mom =]



exercise in texas??? sorry i'm staying home then hahaha



doesnt surprise me that zack loved gymnastics

Anonymous said...

Where is Stepha working?

Jessie

allie said...

yay for stepha!!

Elizabeth B said...

Yay for Stepha, good luck Mike!

No surprise the boys did great in gynmastics! I'm surprised Zack isn't just in the advanced class, preparing for the Olympics. The Americans would love to have a Russian-born American on the team. :-) Can't wait to see pics next week.

I guess I beat Wanda!

Anonymous said...

Whateve Liz, you beat me cause i had trouble trying to comment this morning and just gave up. :)

Way to go Stepha. Good luck Mikie!

I agree with Liz, Zack will probably make the advance team in no time.

WB