Monday, July 07, 2008

Zack's Drawings

Zack was in the mood to draw today. Here he is on his skateboard. His mohawk looks like a flat top!

And, here I am on the skateboard! Notice my dress...I NEVER wear a dress!!!

This picture was the most touching and sad. In Zack's words, "Mom this is you with me and Sophia in your belly." "That is where I wanted to be." I didn't know what to say. I don't think this is the time for the long discussion so I just said, "Boy, how will I eat dinner when my belly is so full"?
These kids are securely attached to me but even then, they want to feel like they are 100% mine, and they are. I cannot imagine how Zack feels wanting to have that ultimate connection to me. He knows down deep that he was never in my belly. I guess on the upside, it is wonderful that he wishes he had been. I will do whatever is in my power to give them the security and stability they need.

And, this next pic is just so I can remember how he looked when he drew the pics. You know when we look back years from now!
This is the last pic he drew today. He said, "It is our family mom, and we love each other." "But look at my face, mom." "I am saying, 'whatever'"! He is super shy about declaring his love openly. When we are in private though, he is the biggest cuddle bug, and I love cuddling with both of them.

2 comments:

anita said...

i love how in the last picture you all have 3 fingers on each hand too cute

kim said...

I am playing catch-up...

I love the skateboarding pics. My guys really like their "rip-sticks"... that is something to think about down the road too.

We are heading to Carlsbad, Santa Barbara (if it is still there), Santa Maria and then the central valley. My kids are too old for Legoland (which saddens me greatly) and half of them are on the fence about Sea World... any other fun ideas in the area?