Wednesday, July 09, 2008

An Uneventful Day

We didn't do a whole lot today. I dictated sentences to Zack and had him write them. We focused on his penmanship, word spacing, spelling and reading. With Sophia, I am just focusing on teaching her how to write her name. She asks for more homework when she is finished. I need to get her some beads to string to strengthen her small motor skills. I think I'll use noodles and yarn to save money.

I did take Zack to get his hair cut. I had the barber do a fade which means he still has a lot of hair but it is balanced out a bit more and even on the sides and back so no more mohawk. That was short lived, but I'm glad he had fun with it. Other than his skateboard, his new phase is reminding me that he wants a dog or two!!! This kid used to be deathly afraid of dogs until he met a couple of nice ones in Idaho. Although it looks like Kyndel is holding this dog back, she isn't at all. Zack was letting the dog lick his nose. I was amazed when I saw it. He used to scream bloody murder and run the other way when a dog even showed its face. At some point, I'll get him a dog. Any ideas of a dry mouthed, light shedding, non-barky breed?


Sophia is an animal lover to the core so she'll be glad with any animal that ever enters our house! I'm not really an animal lover, but I need to stretch myself in that arena. Yikes! I had a terrier once and after she (Bella) pooped on my carpet, I had to give her away only to find more petrified poop under a table once she was gone! This next time around whenever it happens, the dog will be the kids' so it'll get to sleep with one of them, etc... ")

Gigi, thanks for the comment. I'll be looking into the academic sites you mentioned!

No comments: