Sunday, July 06, 2008

Toots and Beer

Today was a pretty kick back day. I went to church for the first time in a while. Lucky me it was the Sunday when the kids get to stay with the grown ups! My kiddos do not do well in confined spaces for over an hour. I mean they love Jesus, but they don't dig "long" sermons.

And, when Zack tooted a smelly one, I about fell off of my chair! You know people thought it was me! That kid is a stinky one, and he picks the most inopportune times to let one rip.

After church we did lunch and then just chilled. Zack was out on his skateboard learning some new techniques as Sophia watched and yelled out, "You're doing a great job"! He really is her hero which I find to be very cool. I know it may not last, but I love to watch how she looks at him.

They watched The Spiderwick Chronicles and the new version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. They hadn't seen either one, and they LOVED them both! I love to hear them giggle and chat with each other as they watch.

I have nothing too deep today. I have had one of those days where I just let my brain take a break.

Quote of the day:

At communion, Sophia looks at the woman next to me and says, "Is that beer"???? If you know her, you know no word she speaks is quiet! And, this wasn't even the church with the sign on the wall that says, "No perfect people allowed"!

It was nice to sit in church and just look at things from the outside looking in. I felt more objective. I'm not sure I can explain that at this point, but I went, I heard, and I pondered.

No comments: