Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Whisper

Well, yesterday, I did not teach because I would have had to do so with no voice! Whatever this illness is, it has been crazy and too long for my taste! Today, I'm back to the raspy Phyllis Diller voice, you know?

Anyhow, the kids today are glad I'm back and spent a good part of the morning debating whether or not David Cook should have won on American Idol. It is funny to listen to them as they share their opinions. One admitted that he was sent to bed but sneaked in and watched from behind the couch. Hmmmm.... Sounds so much like a kid thing to do, doesn't it?

Anyhow, the weather is refreshing today - a nice beeze and a touch of sun. Other than my leaving my purse at home, the day has started off well. The vitamins are in the system, but I am starving for some odd reason. Oh, perhaps that is because I've been eating very little lately. Right now my mind would like a trip to Denny's but just as soon as my food would arrive, my appetite would depart. This happens over and over. Hopefully, I'll see myself go down a couple of sizes in this process - not bra, I hope!!!!

Only three more weeks of school and then it is summer time! I have a few fun things planned to do just me and the kiddos, and according to Zack, I need to add to the list. We shall see. This all depends on what I decide to do next fall as in teach or go back to the business world. I'm not exactly sure what I want to do yet. I know what I feel peace about today, but I have committed all decsions to a process of thought and weighing pros and cons. And, I am making sure that I choose to do what I want to do rather than what I think others want me to do based on their good intentions. To make any hasty decisions now, would be silly for me as I'm not functioning at the top of my game quite yet. I'm getting there though. Seeing things more clearly day by day and garnering strength knowing that I have more life ahead of me than I do behind me! I was reminded of that yesterday, and the truth of that felt great!

No comments: