Tuesday, May 20, 2008

American Phrases

Time is flying by and school will be out soon! Zack will be finishing his first school year with a smash! He has done so well since he's been at his current school. I am just amazed at what a good teacher will do for a kid.

Sophia has not gotten into any trouble for a couple of weeks now. She has even learned how to play with more than one friend at one time.

Zack is in the new phase of his language acquisition. While he sounds super fluent, he still has a tiny accent, and he still has a few words he doesn't quite understand. So, he'll ask often, "What does that mean"? I tell him, "Let's hit the hay." He looks at me strangely so I translate. Then he repeats it with a smile of confidence, "I'm going to hit the hay." Crazy kid!

My class was a bit calmer today for some odd reason. Oh, yes, that was it! One of my toughest students was home sick! It is amazing what a difference one little person can make. And, I'm happy to report that there was NO nose picking today! These kids pick and eat like no one is in the room with them. I am amazed.

1 comment:

Kevin and Krista said...

Mine was out as well. I came home without a headache. It was so much calmer and more productive. It changes the whole mood of the room. It is kind of sad because it makes you realize how much of your energy is often given to that child and how much the other children miss. :(