Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Hume Lake 2007 (more pics on 7/4)

First, let me tell you a little bit about Hume Lake. I have been all over the world from the Puerto Rico to Alaska, France, England, Hungary, St. John, St. Thomas, Italy, Aruba, Germany, Russia - you get the drift. Of all of these places, Hume Lake is my ABSOLUTE favorite place to be. I think there are many reasons for this, but the biggest has to be because God speaks to me loudest when I am at Hume. There is just something about being high up in the Sequoias. The smell of the trees; the breeze off of the lake; the crackle of the fire; the aroma of smores; the sound of birds chirping; the smiles on faces; the absence of the internet, phones, and the media; the warmth of family and friends; and the bright stars in the sky all come together to make Hume a special place for me. I have been going to Hume each year for about 12 years now, and I have grown to look forward to this one week a year with great anticipation. This year that anticipation was even greater because it was my first year to take my son and daughter with me on the annual family vacation!!! What an awesome experience we had!

Zack got to go to day camp with Josh and Kenny. Each morning from 8:45-noon, the boys went to day camp where they went boating, swimming, hiking, rock climbing, and heard stories from the Bible. In the evenings, they had night camp from 6:45-9:00 where they enjoyed camp fires, scavenger hunts, water balloon fights and more of God's Word. They had a royal BLAST! Zack would beg to go back each day. He still asks when he can go back! What a blessing these Godly young people are as they have fun with these little ones and lead them to Christ. I hope some day Zack and Sophia can serve in like manner.

Sophia went to the nursery once because she BEGGED to stay. I was so sad leaving her, but she was excited. When it was over, she RAN into my arms and told me all about the fun she had. I was a little worried because the room resembled an orphanage play room. I wondered if she'd feel afraid or abandoned. She didn't at all. She KNEW that I was going to come back for her, and when I did she was oh so sure that she belonged to me.

Zack and Sophia had great fun all week with Aunty Juan-da (Wanda) and Uncle Don. Sophia called Wanda Juan all week! LOL She cooked with Uncle Don, fixed his hair, and sat for long periods of time playing the keyboard with him. Mostly, she talked non-stop and all in English. Any time someone would get up, she would say, "Where you going"? "What you doing"? It was so hilarious (and tiring)!!!

Zack and Sophia slept in their tents each night (indoors), and they loved it. Josh and Kenny shared a room and slept much better than if Zack had been snoring (yep, he does)! The kids all play so well together. The younger three cousins can play for hours without incident. It is fun to watch them.

Zack did front flips off of the diving board as the teenage boys cheered him on. He also was crushing on Allie. He would look at her and say, "Kisses, Kisses"! She would smile which just made Zack want to kiss her more! What can I say? He just has it in him.

During the week at Hume Lake, the kids learned how to proficiently use pronouns. They no longer talk in third person! Wanda and Don were amazed at how much they learned in the 7 days we were gone.

For any out there looking for an AWESOME family vacation, I highly suggest a week at Hume Lake Christian Camps! There is tons to do with the kids, and so much time to relax while the camp couselors take them off of your hands to entertain and teach them!

Here are a few pics. Please comment and let me know which ones you like best!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hume lake was so much fun!!
i love zack and sophia.

sophia- "allie you sleeping. allieeee"
hahahahha

and zack pretending to 'die' so he could get me to kiss him. hahhahha.

i love hte picture of zack. he looks like a little man there.


and the picture of sophia...a true girl.
=]

Anonymous said...

what about me?? hello i went too....u mention my mom dad and sis but not me lol

Gina Marie said...

I second Heather's comment! HELLO!

I like the pic of Allie with the three boys. Make sure Jeff sees it!