Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Quick Update

Well, I have been back to work for 3 days now - blah! It isn't too bad, but I miss the kids terribly! I knew I'd have to be a working mom so this comes as no surprise to me, and I'm tough enough to handle it for sure especially with my sweet sis/clone at home with the kiddos. She loves them so much and typically makes the same types of decisions I would so it is the next best thing to having momma around.

Today the kids called and were asking to go to the park so I said, "Momma a doma da parrrrrrk," and they got so excited. They knew I would take them when I got home, and I did tired as I was. It was great fun to watch Zack, Sophia, and Josh interact together. Today Sophia played like the BABAYAGA and chased the boys for over an hour! The laughter was so sweet. I wouldn't have wished to have been anywhere but there with them! I'm thinking the park can be the one thing they do just with momma at least while it stays light late. This way we can have a blast together even though I'm working.

Here are a couple of recent pics of Zack and Sophia who are already growing up WAY too fast! Check out Zack's new white smile! He already has had about 12 fillings! His front teeth had a lot of decay and Dr. Nobel fixed him up like new! Dr. Nobel is the best!!!! Funny thing is Zack looks like the dentist!



And, here are a few pics from the park this afternoon:


This week Sophia got her first big boo boo. She lunged forward in the tub and caught the water spout with her little face. As I caught her she, tumbled more due to being all soaped up at the time! YIKES! I felt a feeling I have never felt before! What a huge burden of guilt I carry for not somehow protecting her better. Thanks Rona for talking me down from the ledge! I hope I don't experience this again for a long time. She is healing quite nicely just a raspberry bruise under her eye and a bump on her forhead... My baby...then she went to the zoo with grandma yesterday and fell down on the playground and got a big scab on her elbow! She is accident prone for sure. I am going to be watching her very closely because this little girl is fearless, and that puts the fear in me!

I will try to blog at least three times a week because it is so cool to chronicle this miracle and also because Lauri asked me to blog more! :)

6 comments:

Gina Marie said...

A note from #1 Gina...... :)

Sophia looks fine and most of us know she is very clumsy as she is so full of energy and life! She looks fine to me, but she DOES do a mean Baba Yaga!

So glad you posted, I have been having withdrawals. Glad you are settling in at work and I totally understand how hard it is for you! I am praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you posted. I'm going to miss these while I'm on vacation. I will be looking forward to the updates when I get back. :-)

Liz B

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures in the park. Sounds like the kids are having fun and I can only imagine the pain you feel every day that you have to come to work. I'm glad that Stephanie is there to take care of the kids.

Jen T.

Anonymous said...

gina.....whatever!!!!

anyways dont worry about sophia being clumsy as long as she has medical insurence she's ok haha..look at me i'm clumsy and i turned out ok haha

Anonymous said...

I got an honorable mention! I have been away and missed the blogs. Thanks for making me first day back at work so fun with the blog updates! Keep 'em coming!!

Anonymous said...

i love the picture of sophia in the brown shirt. =]