Friday, May 18, 2007

All Good Things Must Come to an End!

Okay, I took my camera to Disneyland this time only to find that the battery was dead!!!! Any of you who know me well know that I carry that HUGE Canon Rebel everywhere with me and have earned the nickname, "Paparazzi"!!!! So when I realized I had a dead battery, I was so disappointed especially since I had forgotten it on the last trip. I remembered Liz Bettisworth being so disappointed that I blogged about Disneyland but had no pics so I broke down and spent $18.50 on a disposable camera. These are some of the pics that I was able to take with the little piece of crud! :) I was surprised!!!!! When you enlarge them, you will notice first the cuteness of the subjects and second the distinct difference in quality of photo. However, I can use the old fashioned film to make copies so that is cool.

I have not sent out announcements yet to my friends and family that live out of state. Do you all think that the first or second pic here would be good? Please leave a comment!!!







Well, I have been in mourning this week! Mourning what you may ask... Mourning my freedom to enjoy life to its fullest with my kiddos! I think I was born to nurture kids, clean house, cook and teach! I absolutely LOVE being home and doing everything one might consider domestic. I have even caught myself watching The View! Yikes! I will withold my opinion of the show as I know I can't be in agreement with all of my readers.

We did go to see Shrek the Third today, and I enjoyed it very much. The kids kept whispering Shrek, Dragon, Donkey... It was very cute.

Wednesday, we went to Disneyland for the final time that I can spend the entire day with them there. Weekends are just too busy! We had a blast once again, and made memories that will last a lifetime. If we ever leave the hustle bustle of California, we will hold these trips to Disneyland close to our hearts. The kids don't say Disneyland. They just say, "Mickey Mouse, Momma."

This trip Zack got to go on Splash Mountain and he loved it even though he and Josh got soaked! We also went on Pirates, and none of the kids were scared this time. I love to see kids conquer fears! Some are terrified of things, and that is an entirely different situation, but mild fears can be conquered pretty easily in these two. They get the benefit of being so proud of themselves.

So, I'm back to work on Monday. I am not happy about it at all, but I must do what I do and will do it with all of my mind, but my heart is now forever at home or at least where the kids are. I'm so glad Stephanie will be with them every hour of every day since I can't be.

I am AMAZED at how much the kids are speaking English. Today, out of the blue, Sophia said to Stephanie, "Pretty Earrings, Stephanie" as she touched Stephanie's earring. Steph and I were amazed! Where did she learn that??????

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I personally like the first pic......Also, I am in mourning too because I am going to miss you being home. Even though you think I am happy you are going back it is just not true, but know that we will be meeting you for lunch and you will be getting calls from your kiddos frequently saying I lobba you so much lol I love you and will miss you!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha i beat gina yesssssss!!!

anyways..i personally like the second pic better than the first (sorry steph)aww your going back to work that must suck...but on the plus side you'll be back with ur peeps

Anonymous said...

All the pics are adorable, but if I can only choose one, I vote for the first one.

I’m sorry for you that you have to go back to work. But I’m happy for me, cause I’ve missed “mi amiga del alma”.

Deb said...

I like the second one. I also like the one with the two of them on the bench.

Gina Marie said...

Heather, it was my gift to you to be first this time.

I will say the first pic, but honestly I forgot to analyze them and came straight to the comments area so well, take it for what it's worth.

Anyway, I am praying for you D. I know it's hard on you and I promised some mean chick at work that I would be especially nice to you this weekend. But seriously, I am here for you and you can be cranky with me or whatever. I promise to be nice at least 50% of the time.

Anonymous said...

I choose the first one.

I want to see the kids! When can we get together?

Anonymous said...

After enlarging the pictures I think the first one is the best. Isn't that Josh in the picture with Sophia on the bench? (see Debbie's comment).

Anonymous said...

YES!! Pictures for me. Deana, thanks for splurging and buying the camera. That mostly makes up for missing the kids on Thursday.

I like both pictures, but I think the first one, too. They look darling. I LOVE the pigtails!!
:-)

I'm sorry you have to come back to work, but we've all missed you, so it will be nice to see you. I'll be praying for you.

Love,
Liz B

Anonymous said...

I vote for the first one, and i second Liz...i LOVE sophie's pigtails! SO CUTE! You have been missed and I can't wait to see you tomorrow.

I know that God has great things in store for your new little family and coming back to work this week is just a stepping stone to God's master plan for you. See you soon! Jessica

Anonymous said...

I like the first one too! I can imagine that this would be a sad time for you, Deana. I'll be praying for an easy transition.

Anonymous said...

Both pics are cute, so I will go with the gang and vote for the first one. You are in my prayers every morning, and I am praying for your transition.

the kids are great and you have so much to be proud of!!