Thursday, May 10, 2007

Happy Birthday Kenny!

Yesterday was a special day because it was Kenny's Birthday celebration day (today is his 12th birthday). So, shhhhh, he played hookie, and Drew, Stephanie and I too the kids to Disneyland yesterday to begin celebrating. We had great fun even though it was a scorcher! We were able to get on about six rides in the six hours we were able to stay before rushing home for the big surprise! Fortuntately, none of the kids are the type to throw a fit for having to leave before they are ready! Thank you Jesus for small mercies!

At 6:00PM, we chased down his favorite chili cheese dogs with a jurassic party. This was a blast for him because he LOVES reptiles, and it was also fun to watch Zack and Sophia see and touch these creatures for the first time. This all took place in our family room so it was way easy and super cool for the kids too! Here are some pics that capture the day much better than I can capture it in words:
Here is the crew on the Tea Cups! I am way too dizzy already so I always sit this one out!
Here is the birthday boy, and his little Sophia Joy! He is very good with her!
The boys getting ready for another run on the Buzz Lightyear ride which is a big hit for all ages!Here Zack learns from the professional posers! These are the three new and improved incredible hulks!So, Sophia is still scared of Babuyaga!!!! Look at Kenny's face in this pic! And, yes, Sophia made fun of herself later for crying! LOL
Here is Kenny with a Corn Snake and a bearded dragon!

Here he is with a Python who appears to be sniffing his under arm!

Uncle Jerry holding a TARANTULA!!!

Here is the little fearless one with "Sausage" a mouse eating reptile with a blue tongue! I can't remember what it is!
And, here is brave Josh with "Sausage"!
Today was conquer your fears day for Josh! He was so proud of being brave! Here are the kids with a water monitor named Sally! This thing was huge as you can see, and there is Sophia right at her mouth! Zack would only touch tales and for a short time! He was a scaredy cat!
Look at her face! And, Josh so peacefully cohabitating with a PYTHON! WOW!

So, it was another aweseome day here at 6428. Kids grow up way too fast! It is weird to watch it happen before my eyes!

Next week is my last week off of work and then I return until I find that knight in shining armor who sweeps me off my feet or perhaps just my luck he will be the guy who armor alls my tires in the night and sweeps me off the sheets to come and look!!! LOL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy bday kenny!

the kids touched the reptiles?? ew lol

ps gina hahahahahahahhahaha i'm #1

Anonymous said...

tell kenny i said Happy Birthdayyyyyyy.


and that one picture of sophia insidethe snake...she has guts! i wouldnt even do that. hahahhaa

Anonymous said...

Please tell Kenny that Aunt Kay said happy birthday. Looks like you all had a great time on his b-day. I can't believe those scarry things were in your house. Boy are those kids brave. Just the pic's scared me.:)

Anonymous said...

Lil Guy seen the page - thanks - how he wants a reptile party! :-)
~Chimi~