Friday, May 04, 2007

A great Couple of Days

Well, on Wednesday, Stephanie and I took Zack and Sophia to Disneyland for their second time. It was a blast especially because there were NO LINES! Sophia even went on The Matterhorn!!! She seemed a little scared on the ride, but when we got off she was so excited!!! She was talking a mile a minute and telling us excitedly about the ride! She was big stuff!

We went on The Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Matterhorn, Tiki Room, Buzz Lightyear, Thunder Mountain (Zack and Steph), Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Pinnochio, Dumbo, and the Rockets! We did all of that in about 5 hours and an hour of that was spent waiting for and watching the parade! It was an awesome day, and the kids were in heaven.

Zack was afraid on a couple of the rides, but he cried on the ride and then after giggled and said, "Zack Scared Coocala" as he made a crying noise! He was making fun of himself being scared, and then he was like bring on the next ride. I love this in him!!!!!

Sophia was only scared of the Pirates ride when it was dark and the funniest scary part for her was Ursula in the parade! This huge blown up Ursula floating by to The Little Mermaid music sent her into a cry of all cries! Gina says I'm bad, but I said, "Babayaga" as she cried. I was teasing, but only for a short minute and then I showed her how it was fake. Afterwards, we all laughed about it on the way home. Sophia would say, "Babayaga" and then she'd make a crying noise and laugh at herself.

I forgot my camera so no pics of Disneyland this time! BOO HOO!

Today, we hung out around the house, and the kids napped a bit making up for the tiring day at Disneyland. In the afternoon, we went to see some horses at some stables nearby. The kids LOVED them and petted them for a long time. They also learned a new word, "Horse"! I'll post pics tomorrow as time allows.

New things learned today: The kids HATE PB&J. Zack knows the following words well: puzzle, look, I love you, scared, take your shoes off, watch cartoons, Spider Man, Sponge Bob, yum yum, etc... There are a few more. Sophia understands, "Close your eyes, but she does not understand open your eyes yet! :) It is cute! I say, "Close your eyes," and she closes them. Then I say, "Open your eyes," and she opens her mouth! I have to touch her eyelids to get her to open them! She is funny!

Well, tomorrow is a busy day so I better get some shut eye! Both kiddos are snoozing already! :)

6 comments:

Gina Marie said...

I can't believe you scared Sophia more when she was so scared! ;)

I love them and they are wonderful.

Oh, and Heather - booya!

DeanaMarie said...

Momma ain't raising no woosies! I was a woosie and still am!!!! So, I know all of the fun I missed out on and wish I hadn't let my silly fears control me! :)

NYET to Tower of Terror for me, but my kids will love it! LOL

The Riveras are a scared bunch of people - just ask Jen! These two little Riveras will laugh in the face of fear! No WIMPS allowed (except me)!!!!

Anonymous said...

you went to disneyland again??? without me????? shame on deana for not inviting me =[


oh, and gina - shut up! lol

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for Deana's terror on Tower of Terror - I think that was the most she ever hated Gina in her whole life! But the picture was great!!

Okay, you've got to get those kids to like PB&J. What is childhood without PB&J? Oh well, there's always PB & Honey or PB & bananas or PB & Nutella (yum, chocolate...).

Don't forget the camera next time. I love pictures!!

Liz B

Anonymous said...

Good for you Deana for teaching your kids to face their fears. I too was one of those that missed out on a lot growing up because of stupid fears.

Anonymous said...

It's true. The Rivera clan are a bunch of scared people but at least they'll try things once. Alright, D, no Tower of Terror for you. No Van Helsing maze for any of you. I don't think I've laughed so hard. No walking in the dark at Hume Lake for the kids. Can't forget the water rafting in Alaska. Oh the memories. Good times.

Jen T.