Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sophia is getting ready to play her first season of softball! She's jazzed. Her Auntie Gina took her to chicks and let her pick out whatever cleats she wanted - Sophia chose the blue ones! She also got a helmet and a new softball... This morning we went to the park and played catch for a while. She was so excited that she wore her helmet and cleat just to toss the ball around.

I think I might cry at her first game. She is just growing up so fast. I know I keep saying that, but each day when I look at her little face, she looks a bit older. I need to start writing down the stuff she says. By the time I blog, I always forget, but she says some of the darndest things!
Nature is one of the ways that God reaches out to us in love. My soul is fed so easily with a walk around a lake. I don't think Monet could ever capture the beauty of a real landscape as God created it. Well, of course he couldn't - he's not alive!

Sophia hanging at the skatepark again! Zack skated for three hours today! When we left, a bunch of 18ish year-olds were yelling later Zack... He's such a little boy, but when he gets out there and skates, it's serious business! The big guys respect that.

There are rules at the skatepark, but none of them are followed. Zack is just about the only kid there with a helmet on, and I don't even make him were elbow and knee pads like the sign says. And, don't even get me started on the kids that ride their bikes and scooters in the skatepark. It is just plain out dangerous!!!!


That's it for tonight! Tomorrow Zack is getting the Student of the Month award! It's not even student of the week so not everyone gets it! OMW - I hope there is no bumper sticker. I CAN'T become one of THOSE moms!!!!

No comments: