Sunday, January 04, 2009

Last Day of Winter Break

Today I let the kids decide what they wanted to do. I didn't give them any options or stipulations. They both said they wanted to go spend the day at the beach. I did, however, talk them into scooters instead of hauling the bikes down there this time. We decided to go down to HB this time, and we exercised our little booties off.

We stopped for some ice cream - well, none for mom, but the kids enjoyed every bite.

Sophia enjoyed blowing bubbles.


Sophia got a raspberry on her chin and a big owie on her knee while riding her scooter down the beach. Oh, and if you didn't notice, Zack got a haircut.

Sophia took this next pic.

And, way to go Zack! He took this next one!

We played a lot of football! Zack loves anything sports related, and I'm happy about that. He is lucky that he has a mom who doesn't throw like a girl!

Trying not to get their pants wet!

I'm sure this next pic will not be one of Zack's favorites when he is older!

Sophia ended up soaked! They LOVE LOVE LOVE the beach!

After Sophia got soaked, she was eager to wear Zack's jacket! And voila, she all of a sudden had this attitude...


Riding down the pier.

Watching the sunset together again... Such a cool thing!


The perfect end to a wonderful winter vacation. Now, off to bed as I have to be up at 5:45AM! Whoa! I am not used to that anymore! The kids were in bed by 7:30PM so they should be fine. Zack is beyond excited to go back to school. I asked him why, and he actually said he likes learning and misses his teacher - crazy kid. Sophia said she misses Guillermo (a boy she chases everyday)!

1 comment:

Kevin and Krista said...

Are you trying to make me homesick? ;) Looks like fun!

I sometimes think I am the only mom who is sad when her kiddos are off to school but I think you are that way too.

:) Krista