Thursday, August 03, 2006

Estimations


Well, I am approaching my 36th birthday this Saturday, and I am feeling just a tad bit OUT OF SORTS!!!! :) Really, I say to myself, stop the drama! I'm excited that this 36th year will be a year of rejoicing! Okay, so it will be a year of learning to be patient and to celebrate small victories leading up to the big ones. It will be a year to forget about legalistic people and places and to reach higher for greater things!

According to my estimations which seem to be a theme in this blog, I will likely go to Russia in late October to visit the orphanage. It will be a fall trip to Siberia - burrrrrzy! I'm getting myself excited about the prospect of traveling in just 2 or 3 months! Even though I have traveled all over the world, I am very uneasy about long flights over the Atlantic! What a baby! On my last flight back from Italy, there were two Italian boys pretending the plane was going down! I almost hyperventilated!!!

This trip I will be traveling with the same group that I went to Italy with - my 23 year-old sister Victoria, my 19 year-old brother Andrew, and Gina our "adopted" sister (age unknown he he he). I am not sure who can actually go to the orphanage with me, but they will all be there for support and also to see Moscow and perhaps St. Petersburg while I am at the orphanage. I'm not sure as to the details at this point. I am just glad I'll be surrounded by family!!! They'll fill in time gaps as necessary.

Pray for me as I seek further funding for the remaining funds to be gathered. I have sold Pampered Chef and will be selling Tupperware next month. Gina, Wanda, Victoria and my 21 year-old sister have put together a raffle (fully as in 100% legal and verified by an unbiased attorney), car wash, and ebay sales. Each dollar counts for these little helpless ones!!!! God will provide!

Thanks to all of you who have donated to the raffle and to those who have donated funds towards the adoption in whatever way you have. I have been working very hard to find ways to earn the remaining 1/3 of the funds and without God working through you, I'm not sure I'd succeed.

No comments: