Monday, April 26, 2010

Goodbye Canon Rebel

These are some of the last photos I took with my Canon Rebel. If you follow my blog, I'm sure you know that I pretty much carried this camera with me everyday of my life for the last 3+ years. I'm thinking I had at least 50,000 actuations on the trusty friend. Yes, I had grown so close to that camera that I call it friend.

I have been blessed in a special way. As you know the kids must have 4 post placement reports after their arrival home. These reports are costly, and we had to pay times two. Well, we just finished our last report - YAY! And, we were able to do so without a social worker being involved so I was due a refund for 2 of the four reports. This refund gave us enough cushion to replace my camera with a better one, albeit refurbished. It is not the top of the line by any means, but it will superbly capture, hopefully, the kids journey into their teenage years.

Sure I could use that financial cushion to pay the electric bill, cell phone, car insurance or a miniscule part of one other debt, but my kids have zero baby pictures. For Sophia, no pictures before she was 3 and for Zack 5. I plan to make up for that in a meaningful way, and my camera makes that possible.

It is blue bonnet season here in Texas so the kids and I drove into Garland to find a field that was not on the side or in the middle of a highway. We had great fun even though my camera was on the wrong setting and died before I could adjust it. :(





1 comment:

Roxy said...

I will miss her too! Well, you didn't say what you are getting...I am guessing Nikon.
I lived in Houston before OC and I remember Blue Bonnets, beautiful flowers. Your two precious flowers look great among the other ones. They are growing so fast.