Thursday, April 08, 2010

Discovering Texas

Well, I have spent enough time sitting in the house wishing I could go to all of the places I used to go in California. Now it is time to start getting out there and discovering little pleasant places where God can romance our family. That may sound strange if you haven't read a book called The Sacred Romance, but it makes so much sense to me.

Basically, we all have very some sentimental memories of childhood that don't necessarily involve people. They are memories that evoke peaceful emotions; feelings of security. It could have been a tree stump in the back yard where you'd sit and think or a creek that ran behind the house that you can almost hear even though you moved from there 20 years ago. For me, it is the memory of lying on my daybed with the sun shining on my back as I listened to the birds chirp. Those places and moments are examples of God romancing us. Hard to explain, but when I read it, I was immediately impacted and began to understand God more fully - not in a religious way, but in a Creator/creation kind of way.

So today as I was driving out to McKinney to register my car, I drove past a beautiful pond area not too far from our house and decided right then and there that after school I'd take the kids to explore it.

These photos are the result of a wonderfully relaxing walk around a large pond which just so happened to end up being part of a trailer park - go figure. But, it seems lots more serene than a California trailer park. I mean it does have a gorgeous lake to enjoy!!!

Gonna live life to the fullest no matter where we're planted! :)






No comments: