Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Forward on...

I received the draft of the homestudy and boy was it strange to read a 6 page biography about me, my character, my finances, my home, my family, my potential as a parent, etc... Annette did a wonderful job putting this document together! I wish Annette could be with me each step of the way, but this is where I tell her "see you later" until after the child(ren) are here. She will visit my home at 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, and 3 years after the child(ren) arrive. These are called post placement studies. This due to about 12 Russian orphans being murdered by their American parents within the last 15 or so years. I welcome the post placement studies!!! I look forward to seeing Annette again.

What happens now? I wait for the notarized hard copy of the homestudy and then I send it along with a bunch of other paperwork to Sacramento to be apostillized. There is a 3 day turn around for this process. Boy, I wish I could process loans that fast!

Please pray that Faithful Adoptions earns their reaccreditation in September as planned. The Russian laws regarding foreign adoptions have gotten a bit more strict this year as can be imagined. While there are in excess of 300,000 children in Russian orphanages, the Russian government is undertandably concerned about their well being in other countries especially America. I cannot get approval to travel until they earn this reaccreditation.

Please pray for me that I will be still and quiet as I listen to the Lord's call. Pray for the babies - not just the ones God will entrust to me for a time. Pray for their caretakers that they will have an extra dose of energy to cuddle and nurture so many at one time.

Pray for all of the orphans of the world and pray that more Christians will step forward and do more to help. While this parenting thing will be daunting at times and definitely not an easy rode, I have confidence that He will guide me. He has a plan! It only took 12 empowered by Him to change the world! God does not call us to anything for which He does not equip us!

Forward on...

No comments: