Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Final Homestudy Visit

Well, last night, July 3rd, was my final visit with Annette. She came to the house at 6:30 and met Gina's boys Kenny 11 and Josh 5. She asked them each what they think about the whole adoption idea and having a baby in the house. They were so cute. When asked what do you think about this whole thing, both said they think it is very cool and exciting that they get a new baby cousin in the house. When Annette asked Kenny what he would do with the baby he responded, "Teach him about God." That was WAY touching! I hope he is a pastor one day!

After she spoke with the boys, my sister Steph and someday brother in-law Jeremy took the boys along with my nieces Adrianna and Selena to Gameworks for the night! Then Annette proceeded to ask Gina the same very basic questions and also to make sure with her that she thinks her boys will respond well.

After Gina went upstairs mom came downstairs to meet Annette. Mom as most of you know is VERY talkative! They hit it off very well. Annette was most impressed that mom kept saying when "we" get the baby. When "we" love the baby. She thought it was amazing to have so many people so into helping a little one.

Once Annette and I got down to business she just basically went over the paperwork I filled out on my family. It was pretty easy stuff! We were finished by 9:00PM. Amazingly enough, when we were finished Annette went to Best Buy to talk with Andrew because he could not take a break from work to come home. She went there and talked with Andrew and also my mom who trailed along.

Now I am just waiting to hear from her when she completes the homestudy. She send it to the INS and also to the agency after it is notarized. The copy that comes to me will then be sent with a great deal of other paperwork to be apostilled. Apostill refers to basically having the paperwork made ready for the foreign government.

So, now we wait!!!! :) After the homsetudy is apostilled, it will be sent to Faithful Adoption Agency where they will compile my Dossier. The Dossier is what will be sent to Russia where they will match me with a child (or 2). Yes, I told them I am willing to bring home a sibling group 1 of the children being a boy 12 months or under. The other child can be under 3 and sex does not matter.

So pray with me! :)

2 comments:

Gina Marie said...

Okay, I didn't get nearly enough coverage in this post! I mean, Annette LOVED me! She said I was the reason you could do this! She said I was the wind beneath your wings. Or something like that!

Gina Marie said...

Okay, you said no one leaves comments. HELLO?!?!!?! Am I chopped liver?