Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Pardon My Scowl!


Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary. Isaiah 40:13
Okay, so I finally claimed a verse for this process! I don't know what took me so long! As I started thinking about eagles and how they soar over storms so effortlessly gliding from place to place, I remembered how much I need to depend upon the wind beneath me to carry me through this trying time of the unknown. I need to stop trying to push for things to be done in my timing. God knows exactly when Zack and Sophia need to come home, and He'll handle it on my behalf.
As I was thinking all of these spiritual thoughts, I had to find some balance with what I refer to as tangible reality. After all, I am a recovering legalistic Baptist girl (not that all Baptist are like the ones that crossed my path) who was brought up wearing dresses, shunning movies, drinking, and some say sex because it may lead to dancing! Anyhow, this background keeps me grounded in the grace and humor that I believe the Lord has for His children. He is a loving father who nurtures us and disciplines us as a loving human father would - not abusive or walking with a big stick or expecting us to be just like Him all of the time. He knows we can't do that try as we might!!!
So, as I bounce back into that balance between spirituality and reality, I notice the scowl on the face of the eagle!!! That does look like I have for the past couple of weeks! Maybe God knew that even though waiting patiently for His timing is the right thing to do, it might be tough to keep a smile on our faces 24/7! :)
Last night I got an email that said something to the effect of, "I have a little place in my life for spiritual things." It wasn't those exact words, but it was close. I just wanted to say that I understand the fear of letting in what sometimes looks like such an inflexible God. Just remember, the God that is revealed by His imperfect children is not always a true reflection of the loving Father who wants to love you so much that it will invigorate your very being. I respect people for who they are and appreciate even the little places given to maybe letting in things that don't come by each of us naturally. I have my little places too!
Much love to all! Me and my scowl are going to lunch!




No comments: