Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Short Trip to City Hall

We had a small fiasco with the gas company.  I did everything online as instructed but due to a fraud alert placed on my account, they did nothing with my request; however, no one informed me of this.  So, while I assumed the gas was running in my name, it was actually in the old tenants' name.  Strange that he had requested that it be turned off on the 30th of July.  So, I guess the city will pay for our first 13 days of use!!!  So glad they put mandatory furloughs in place to save money because their daily business doesn't seem to be cost effective!

Because of the fraud alert on my account we got to visit City Hall in person to handle this situation.  I grew up in the Long Beach area and worked at the Main Library which is adjacent to City Hall.  The kids got to take a trip down memory lane with me.  I, of course, went with camera in hand.  
I drove by this wall a few weeks ago and thought it would make an awesome urban backdrop.  Today, we just happened to walk by it!  




We're all unpacked and enjoying our new life near the beach.  We road our bikes to the beach two days in a row.  The first day we got to ride into the sunset with Downtown Long Beach as a beautiful work of art before us.  Zack often comments on aesthetic beauty such as this.  I love that about his personality.  This morning, it was chilly out and when downtown with all of the exhaust type smells, he said, "This smells like Russia, Mom."   

No comments: